Urban One is the largest African-American owned broadcasting media company and the largest radio broadcaster targeting African-American and urban listeners. Currently, Urban One owns and operates 57 broadcast stations located in 15 urban markets in the U.S.
Urban One also owns TV One, Radio One, Reach Media, iOne Digital, R1 Digital, One Solution and ONE VIP.
At Urban One, our employees value the opportunity to be passionate, creative, and dedicated to something they love! We share our love for media, entertainment and community and we’d love to have you join our team!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical Plans
- Prescription Plan
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, the Company prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military or veterans’ status, or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Urban One is committed to serving the media and entertainment workforce of tomorrow, today. We believe in bridging the gap between university learning and workplace experience in our highly competitive Internship Program that spans various departments within the company. We recruit applicants, primarily college juniors and seniors of the highest caliber for this program and prepare them for entry-level jobs within the broadcast industry. Interns will have the opportunity to develop practical skills that will improve their chances for success within the broadcast industry.
- Student must be at least eighteen (18) years old
- The student must be attending an accredited institution. Graduate students are eligible
- The student must be in good academic standing as defined by his or her academic institutions
- Possess a positive and professional attitude
- Must have an excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dress appropriately for a professional work environment
- The applicants must have a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience. He or she must be registered for college credit at his or her institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
- In addition to meeting the institution’s eligibility requirements, the applicants must meet Urban One’s eligibility requirements
- Interns are paid
- To be considered, the applicant must complete the Internship Application Packet
Urban One is the largest African-American owned broadcasting media company and the largest radio broadcaster targeting African-American and urban listeners. Currently, Urban One owns and operates 54 broadcast stations located in 15 urban markets in the U.S.